Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Exterior Recessed Lighting Fixtures?

"John McGaw" wrote in message
.. .
If you can stand the sticker shock there are fully waterproof light
fixtures made for marine use. But those might not, despite high quality
and superior materials, be allowed by an electrical inspector who goes "by
the book". On the other hand if your concerns are simply about keeping a
bit of rain out of the fixture, there are some water-resistant fixtures
made for use in, for example, showers. You may have to search for one of
those that look right in the outdoors.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Thanks John. That's probably more what I'm looking for (the shower
versions). I've got one in one of my showers now so I know they're made
but you're right, aesthetics play a part here. I may just head to one of
the large lighting shops here in town and see what they have, albeit pricey
I'm sure.
Cheers,
cc