Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] acat40@gmail.com is offline

Default Making the plunge

Check out "DELTA CUSTOM LATHE" at aaw.com. This is the American
Woodturners Association's site. This custom lathe has many many
attachments, extreme slow speed for safe large diameter work, and has
arguably the most universal spindle at 1" - 8 thread
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article om,
"Ron S" wrote:

2 things I forgot

1. How about Grizzly? I have an 8" jointer that I love. The lathes seem
to have too high of a low end speed though.

Many Grizzly's have too high a low end and a weird head-stock size
(1-12tpi) I would avoid those

2. Buffalo woodworking show is in less than 2 weeks and I've never
been. Any idea if it's reasonable to expect a deal on a Jet lathe there
or should I drop $1050+8% at Woodcraft and have it on it's way?

Look at the General Internation 25-650, should be able to get it for
under $2K (US)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv