Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default help with wood protection (ot)

In article ,
"Ruby LeChat" wrote:

hi, I'm hoping you can help, I have a loom, that's been stored in a slightly
damp shed. It gets quite a bit of use, but is now starting to look as if
it's rain speckled. When being delivered, it did get a little damp. I
don't know what the finish on it is, some of the wood is completely
unfinished, other bits may have been oiled. What can I do to protect the
wood? Should I oil it will danish oil and finish with wax or does it need
more dramatic treatment? Here's hoping you can help. I hope to post on my
wood turnings in future, but I just recently got started.
yours,
Ruby

Sounds like a good plan to me (we sold "her" loom last year)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv