Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Exterior Recessed Lighting Fixtures?

Hiya Folks,
I currently have a covered patio that appears to be built with 2x8 or 2x10
joists and the ceiling is sheetrock. The drywall texture is falling off in
chunks so I'm thinking of tearing down the sheetrock and installing some
form of wood planking (T&G probably). Anyway, I figure while I've got it
opened up, I might as well add some lighting and was thinking of recessed
fixtures. I've done a bit of searching and don't see any that are rated
for exterior use. I'm wondering if a) They even make such a beast or b)
if all recessed fixtures will suffice given they're "sealed up" in the
ceiling. I have no plans to insulate the space so IC or not doesn't really
matter to me. If such a fixture is made, I'd really appreciate a link or
lead on it. Thanks much.
Cheers,
cc