Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Septic maintenance questions

When you figger he does 15 to 25 of them a day, YES he's getting rich. And
the local guy in my area gets $185 (we dig the cover up)

--
Steve Barker

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Ether Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Pumping out a septic tank is CHEAP.

Is $140 cheap? That's the going rate around here, if the owner does
the digging to expose the access cover. It's all relative I guess.

How much do you earn?

Now, go buy a truck and insure it, drive to the customer's house, pump out
the tank, drive to a disposal area and pay a fee. With the left over
money, pay the 15% self employment tax, medical insurance, business
overhead, fuel, liability insurance, property tax on the business assets
and then pocket the rest. Do you think the guy is getting rich at $140?