Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] daddyfreddy@gmail.com is offline

Default Rip Off Britain?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just got back from a trip to Belgium. Bought beer, wine, fags, tobacco.
Gordon Brown forces me to DIY and circumvent his system.

I spent just under £600. Compared it like for like with UK supermarket
prices and realised I just saved myself £500 for a 5 hour round trip door to
door.

I'm starting to wonder how much brand name power tools are in France &
Belgium. Do they work on UK voltage? Since I go every two or so months
this could be interesting!

That's because of the higher tax we have on Tobacco and alcohol.
I very much doubt power tools will be any cheaper.