Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Connecting bath/sink to existing soil pipe

On 18 Sep 2006 12:06:50 -0700 someone who may be "Bookworm"
wrote this:-

No Strap Bosses are only made to fit PVC Soils Stacks. You may be able
to use a 'screw on' type boss but I cannot remember wether they fit CI.

I'm not sure what distinction you are making between a "strap on
boss" and a "screw on boss". The ones with a fairly rigid plastic
strap that goes round the pipe and is fitted with a screw are
unlikely to work. However, the sort with two plastic straps that go
round the pipe and are secured with a hand operated nut work very
well on cast iron stacks.

Given that the stack is on the outside and up high, this is one of
the situations where combining the bath and basin wastes, with
suitable precautions, makes sense.

Drilling holes in such pipes was discussed here a month or two ago.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh