Posted to misc.rural,misc.consumers.house
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default yard light pole installation

In article ,
) says...
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:47:17 -0700, Louis Boyd
wrote:

Ann wrote:

If one lives where service is provided by a REC (rural electric company),
they often provide/install a light for a monthly charge. One disadvantage
of having my REC do it is that they won't put it on a switch; no way to
turn it off.

A rifle is effective. Neighbors who have to live the glare from the
light every night will gladly assist.

PLONK

A rifle is extreme, but I sympathize with the urge to do something about
the idiots who install yard lights and leave them on all night. An
inexpensive laser pointer aimed at the photocell that controls the light
will turn it out without doing any damage.

By far the best thing to do is just not to shine lights on the
neighbor's property. It's simple to put up lamp shades to block any
light except in a cone below the light pole. Some rural communities
have made this mandatory, in an attempt to control light pollution.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.