Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Electric water heater - repalced everything still no hot water

Hi everyone. I hope someone can helo me with this as I am baffled
beyond imagination here. I have an electric hot water heater that
burned out the bottom element. I opted to replace both elements and
thermostats since this was an in-expensive investment.

So replaced both upper and lower elements, upper and lower
thermostats..and still no hot water.

one thing I did do is buy another set of elements and when I removed
the first set, I noticed that only the edges were getting hot and not
the entire element..could it be the I need to adjust the thermostat to
a higher temp?

Also, I checked all electrical wiring and I have voltage everywhere its
suppse to be.. Also did a resistance test on all 4 elements, first set
and second, and all pass with flying colors..

So I am confused and not sure where to look next...

This is a 240 volt system and both leads are hot..checked and verified.