Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Electric baseboard heaters

Hi Remi,

While you have the ability to turn down the heat in the rooms you do
not use, I would caution you about the potential risk of mould and
mildew (water vapour will condense on cold surfaces, including
exterior walls). Since you live in a damp climate this could be a
major concern. Try to minimize any indoor sources of humidity (i.e.,
by running exhaust fans when cooking and bathing) and consider
operating a dehumidifier if necessary.

Cheers,
Paul

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:40:09 GMT, "Remi" wrote:

I've recently moved into a house that has electric baseboard heaters and
thermostats controlling them in each room. It's a one storey house with a
finished basement. What's the best way to use these baseboard heaters to
keep the house warm, but not break the bank? If I heat the basement will the
heat rise to the main floor? Should I just heat the room I'm using? Any
thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.