Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Ferguson Bruce Ferguson is offline

Default Slightly OT-Compressors

Sept. 2006 American Woodworker has an article on choosing compact
compressors and an article on plumbing your shop with hoses. I have
been looking also and maybe one day I will get one. I have found that
up to 26 to 30 gallon tanks are 110 VAC and above that is 220VAC. Now
my shop doesn't have 220 and I don't see it in the future. I too have
been looking at Lowes and Home Depot. I will keep in mind the 6-8 CMF
at 90 PSI. Good info from everyone, thanks

Bruce

Teejay wrote:
I'm looking for a compressor for my shop--mostly to move dust around and
clean up but also to nail & brad a few small projects--nothing like framing
or roofing.

Anyone have any suggestions? How are these Kobalt compressors Lowe's sells?
Since this is probably a one time purchase I'm less concerned with money (up
to maybe $300) than reliability.

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ