Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Rip Off Britain?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Just got back from a trip to Belgium. Bought beer, wine, fags, tobacco.
Gordon Brown forces me to DIY and circumvent his system.

I spent just under £600. Compared it like for like with UK supermarket
prices and realised I just saved myself £500 for a 5 hour round trip door
to door.

You could have saved over twice that if you gave up drinking and smoking.

I'm starting to wonder how much brand name power tools are in France &
Belgium.

I've not noticed any significant difference.

Do they work on UK voltage?

They work on harmonised EU voltage and so do we. However, they don't use the
same plugs as us.

Colin Bignell