Posted to alt.home.repair
TakenEvent TakenEvent is offline

Default Barn and Fence paint, Behr

wrote in message
oups.com...
I know this is stupid--but tell me why it wouldn't work.
Why not paint crappy interior paneling in a low rent apartment (I am
the owner) with $9/gal white Behr Barn and Fence paint? It covers
well, is non-toxic, an oil base (linseed?) with latex. I've primed
with Zinsser oil base primer. The room is on North side of the
building--one window. Fading shouldn't be a problem. I would want to
tint it with a small amout of tint. Would I live to regret this?
RowdyRuby

Don't buy Behr, it only encourages Home Depot to keep stocking it. There
are several differences between interior and exterior paint - the exceptions
being those paints that are rated for both. I believe smell is one
difference, so there is a chance you'll be stuck with a permanent odor if
you use that barn paint.

If you really want to be that cheap, just go to a paint store and get some
of their leftover mistints. Some places give it away for free, some charge
$4 or so. Get some interior paint.