Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Electric baseboard heaters

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:40:09 GMT, "Remi" wrote:

I've recently moved into a house that has electric baseboard heaters and
thermostats controlling them in each room. It's a one storey house with a
finished basement. What's the best way to use these baseboard heaters to
keep the house warm, but not break the bank? If I heat the basement will the
heat rise to the main floor? Should I just heat the room I'm using? Any
thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leave the ones rooms with water fixtures set to around 50.
Other than that, only turn on the heat in rooms you're using.