Posted to sci.electronics.repair
davidlaska davidlaska is offline

Default Can moters be run slower with less voltage (brush types)

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"davidlaska" wrote in message
ups.com...

I am asking if lack of air flow from lower speeds due to voltage drops
damage power tools (skilsaw and such)

I wouldn't put much stock in it, but shorter, heavier cords are a good idea.
I'd be more concerned about low voltage at the outlets. Maybe your tools are
just cheap?

I forgot to say that cheap tools do break quick, stuff from China, I am
not blaming them though, they deliver what the market will take.

What I thinks I am really asking is a long cord voltage drop similar to
after-market devices that slow down motors like a router?