Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
xcaper xcaper is offline

Default Recent thoughts on Craftsman 15' pro?

(top posted by design)

Gentlemen,

Thank You all for your comments. I have to say that after reading the
Craftsman Heartache I have some real reservations on the unit!
I did place the order on Sunday, and its arriving this Thursday....
think I will let it come and see how things go - just add the extended
warrenty mentioned and hope for the best!

Thanks Again.

Steven Raphael wrote:
The Link that I think Darrell is refering to is as follows.

Click on Craftsman heartache.

I have owned this lathe for the past 2 years. I have had mixed problems with
it.
Handles breaking, Parts bending, Reeves Drive freezing up, and a Drive belt
breaking.

Dont buy the bowl turning attatchment as I had serious problems with
vibration when I tried to use it. As far as I am concerned the only good
thing about this attatchment is the bowl rest.

Steven Raphael
http://www.geocities.com/steven_raph...turnings1.html