Posted to uk.d-i-y
Croco Croco is offline

Default Another boiler question

Thanks chaps, plenty to consider there then before it gets too cold. Brrrr
"Croco" wrote in message
My old Glowworm from 1977 only just scraped through last winter, and
reluctantly, I am gonna bite the bullet and splash out on a new boiler. I
live in a pre war semi detatched house in Liverpool with 9" solid walls. I
have a primatic cylinder which I would like to keep as I have recently
fitted a new bathroom round the cylinder.
Considering my old inefficient boiler is still going at 29 years, are
modern boilers as long lasting or are there so many parts in them that
they have a greater chance of breakdown? What options do I have ? How much
do I have to cough up ?

The Croc