Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] auctions@sheldononline.co.uk is offline

Default Expanding Foam

You only use the cleaner after you finish a tube, and not necessarily
after every tube - every 3 or 4 tubes is usually fine.

The gun has a metal rod down it's nozzle which is retracted to release
the foam, so the seal is made at the very tip of the gun. There is
therefore no foam exposed to air after you've finished, so nothing
dries up - effectively the gun becomes part of the can, not an
extension nozzle.

Because this valve mechanism is higher quality than on a disposable
can, it doesn't leak propellant, so a part used can keeps for ages.

The important thing is to always keep a can on the gun, so you need to
have the next can ready for when you finish one.

Andrew

Ian White wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Ian White wrote:

Two questions about the guns:
1. What makes them easier to clean out than the plastic nozzle
supplied with the can?

You buy a can of cleaning solvent that mounts on the gun in the same
way. So after each use you flush all the foam out of it with the
solvent.

Ahh, I see... thank you.

2. The main problem I find with a part-used can is not with the
nozzle at all, but with the liquid inside the can very quickly going
treacly and losing its fizz.

That seems to be caused by the can leaking its propellent through a non
sealing valve.

Funny, they all seem to do that for me, and there's never any obvious
evidence of leakage.

--
Ian White