Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Putting a cutter in my angle grinder?

According to Steve B :
I have been welding now for 31 years. I would put an angle grinder in the
top three tools I consider to be the MOST dangerous. When they bind or jump
or shatter, it's over within 1/1000th of a second. At 14,000 rpm, that's
fourteen revolutions.

Excellent post, except for one small point: 14,000 RPM is revolutions
per _minute_. 1/1000th of a second is .233 revolutions ;-)

A more useful perspective is that of tip speed. 233 revolutions
per second has the rim going at approximately 230 feet per second.

(pi * D * 233 / 12)

If your eyeball is 2' away, you get blinded in 1/100th of a second.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est