Dave Holland

Default BT socket with older style wiring?

Owain Use Postmaster to email me. wrote:
"Dave Holland" wrote
| The phone line enters my house from underground within the house
| boundary (the linebox is on an internal wall). Is that relatively rare?
It's normal on new build estates where poles and overhead wiring are
disliked.

That makes sense. Though on a couple of houses built within the last few
years I've noticed the phone line comes up from underground outside the
house, adjacent to the wall, then usually goes into the house through
the wall, leaving (say) 30cm cable exposed.

Dave