Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Worms in Ash boards

Amatuer wrote:
I have a number of Ash boards that I purchased a while back. When I went to
use one, there seems to be worms in the wood. There are small holes on the
edges and trails across the faces of the boards. How can I get rid of these
worms?

Thanks

Doug

At least with old chestnut, worm holes are desirable in some uses -
DAGS for "wormy chestnut".
Where are you storing your ash? If the worms are still there, and you
can get one of them intact, I'd take it to your cooperative extension
or a reputable hardwood dealer or something like that to see if they
can identify it. Could be a common local pest, or a dangerous
invasive.
Good luck,
Andy