Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Cutting a formica top cleanly

Greg Guarino wrote:

I've got to do some searching. I'm a weekend home-handyman with a 1/4"
shank router.

A good router, with 1/2" and 1/4" collets, like a PC690, Bosch 1617, or
the equivalent from DeWalt or Milwaukee, might be a useful addition for
a serious weekend handyman.

Otherwise, after purchasing a suitable bit, you could probably rent one
for a few hours. My local Home Depot and independent rental centers
actually have pretty good rentals at reasonable rates. Routers,
sanders, hammer drills, etc... are only ~$15-$20 for 4 hours, here in
East Westchester County, USA (CT G).

As much as I hate Home Depot, my local rental center has served me well.
They sell off the tools on a regular basis, so the stuff I've rented
has been in top notch condition.