larry g

Default Mounting my shaper.

Peter
I had am AMMCO 7" that I had on a steel plate that mounted the base and
motor. I never had walking problems. If your concerned and want to run
high speeds then allow enough room on the base to use a C-clamp to hold it
to the bench while operating.
lg
no neat sig line
"Peter Reilley" wrote in message
I have a Delta 7 inch shaper that I need to mount.
I was thinking of bolting it and it's motor to a thick
board. That way I could push it aside when I needed
the workbench space. However, I am worried that
it would jump around too much if it is not bolted down to
something more solid. I have never used a shaper before
and so I am not familiar with how much they jump.
Is a heavy board sufficient or do I need a heavy
table?

Thanks,
Pete.