Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Any luck with burrowing MOLES?

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:29:10 GMT, "Joe"
wrote:

Recently I noticed what looks like burrows in my back yard possibly by a
MOLE? What started out in an area of approx. 100 sq ft, is now consumiing
1/3 of my backyard. I did a search and came up with these "sonic" mole
repellers that I'll try. Any experience out there? TIA

Reading this thread, I want to comment.
First off, the traps are useless as far as my experience with them.
I did find a mole in the process of digging in my garden. A manure
fork finished him off. I was just lucky to hit him dead on.

As far as the grubs, I dont doubt it, but I do question it because I
am a farmer and have a terrible problem with moles. I have horses, and
live in a hilly area. When there are heavy rains after a dry spell,
the dried (almost powder) horse manure tends to run down the hills and
forms a thick layer where it stops at the botom of the hill. It's a
great fertilizer, but it also seems to be the places where the moles
do most of their digging. The manure/soil is soft and that is what
they seem to like. If there are grubs in there, it is not evident,
the grass grows like wild from all that natural fertilizer.

I also have a manure pile, and the moles are terrible in and near
that.....

Mark