Posted to misc.consumers.house
Joshua Putnam Joshua Putnam is offline

Default Who's responsible for hail damage occurring between inspection and closing?

In article ,
says...
In article . com,
wrote:

USED cars and house are sold as is for a reason- to prevent buyers from
coming back and expecting the seller to cover exorbitant repair bills.
Buyer doesnt seem to get this. They missed it before closing and unless
the can prove coverup by seller they need to pony up the money
themselves.

Houses are not typically sold as-is, unless they explicitly say that
they are being sold as-is. When houses are sold as-is there is no
home inspection, walk through, or anything else. What would be the point?

The point of the inspection is to know what condition the house is in.
That's true whether the seller is willing to fix any defects or not.

I was *especially* concerned with getting a good inspection when I
bought my house as-is. After all, I wanted to know what condition in
was really in. We had an inspection that lasted for about eight hours,
and did a prolonged walk-through with our architect, roofer, and
realtor.

Unless it's a real fire-sale, why would anyone buy a house as-is without
an inspection?

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/