Digital DJ

Default Need help getting a metalworking starter kit

Thanks, all this info is really helpful.

Don't think I've ever seen a "metalworking starter set". Where did you see
the ones you mentioned.

The ones that looked closest to what I'm after are at:

http://www.tinmantech.com/html/kits.html

First question is, does he have any tools now?

As far as I know, he has nothing other than the usual home assortment
of screwdrivers & wrenches, drill, etc. Nothing specific to working
with metal, though.

For the type of art that you mentioned a plasma cutter comes to mind.
But you're not going to touch one for $500.

OK, how far off am I? Do plasma cutters cost in the thousands?

Many thanks for all your other suggestions. One more question...
where do I get the metal stock itself? How much should I budget for
that?