Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Boatright Kyle Boatright is offline

Default Any luck with burrowing MOLES?

"Joe" wrote in message
Recently I noticed what looks like burrows in my back yard possibly by a
MOLE? What started out in an area of approx. 100 sq ft, is now
consumiing 1/3 of my backyard. I did a search and came up with these
"sonic" mole repellers that I'll try. Any experience out there? TIA

I've had the same problem over the years and have spoken with several county
extension agents as well as doing a bunch of internet research on the
problem. The consensus is that the sonic mole repellers are a waste of
money. Same thing for fumigating their tunnels and for various spray or
granular mole repellents. If you want to get rid of these critters, the
consensus is that you need to put mole traps on the transit tunnels - the
ones where if you collapse the tunnel, the moles open them up within a day
or two. Anyway, there are several versions of mole traps available at your
local hardware store or via the internet. The traps are "kill" traps, so if
you're squeamish about that kind of thing, you're more or less out of luck.

KB