Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Any concrete experts? (Different Q)

"nowforsale" wrote in
:

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
Should I dig out dirt with like a screwdriver down a few inches and
fill it
with concrete? I know concrete would be better but what about mortar
mix. I
have a partial bag of that laying around. Could toss in some small
stones.

Yea I know. I could start digging out those few inches and find there
is a bottom of the iceberg hole underneath. I'll have to tap around
the hole to see what it sounds like.

mortar mix, with out without small stones tossed in, or concrete
should work, you might want to undercut around the edge of the hole a
little so when you patch the hole it will stay in place better

for illustration:

hole undercut hole not undercut
/ \ | |
/ \ | |
/ \ | |

Thanks for the reply and Steven Spielberg graphics:-)