Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nofunanymore@gmail.com is offline

Default Toshiba CF3266A Vertical distorted

I got 3 caps replaced. 1 uF leaked. That fixed one problem with slow
streaching. Picture still doesn't look good. Top half streached, heads
look like eggs.
How can I adjust geometry? Is there a service menu or there are
adjustments on the board I can use?

My Toshiba CF3266A recently developed vertical distortion problem. When
I first turn the TV on I only have picture squeezed from the bottom. It
starts from the middle of the screen and goes up to the top. When TV
warms up (around 10 min), picture stretches almost all the way down but
still distorted. Upper part of it looks stretched. I'm familiar with
electronics repair and need hints what to look for to get it fixed.

Hints:
1. Failing capacitors in vertical circuit.
2. Google groups archive search for Toshiba Vertical. Might even try
google the model number.

#2 will probably give you the specific information you need.