Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Off Topic- computer access

Hey Guys,
Other than that minor glitch with Intruder Prevention I am very pleased
with my Norton Anti Virus program. It appears to work well for the
browsing I do. I'm sure there are better protection programs out ther
but this performs well and now that I've discovered its limitation for
woodworking sites (why it bogs down there I'll never know) I can
disable it when the need arrives. But thanks just the same for your
suggestions.
On a different thread, too bad Keith Carlson did not get that Unisaw
for $100.

Marc

Richard Clements wrote:
and once this is done it's easy to install a real OS, Linux, BSD, etc
Puckdropper wrote:
"Jim" wrote in
:

Go to Symantec's web site and get the instructions for eliminating NAV
for the version you have. Norton is well known for being hard to
uninstall...

Almost any AV product (except McAfee) has a better detection rate than
Norton. You also need a firewall, and I use the free version of
ZoneAlarm.

Jim

I've got a universal NAV install program. It came with my computer, and
is called "format." It removes NAV, every Symantec product on the
system, and then some. It leaves your computer in a very safe state, and
solves problems of viruses and spyware.

(For those who don't know, format erases the data on the drive.)

Puckdropper