JMartin957

Default Mounting my shaper.

I have a Delta 7 inch shaper that I need to mount.
I was thinking of bolting it and it's motor to a thick
board. That way I could push it aside when I needed
the workbench space. However, I am worried that
it would jump around too much if it is not bolted down to
something more solid. I have never used a shaper before
and so I am not familiar with how much they jump.
Is a heavy board sufficient or do I need a heavy
table?

Thanks,
Pete.

Presume it's on a heavy stand?

I've got a 7" Rhodes, cast iron base. Weighs maybe 300 - 400 pounds.
Unbolted, on concrete floor.

On low or middle speed pulleys, no problems. On high speed, it does want to
walk around a bit, especially with a long stroke. I rarely use the high speed
step.

John Martin