Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Clements Richard Clements is offline

Default Possible Stupid Question

Puckdropper wrote:
charlie b wrote in
:

But aren't things the Borg sells MUCH cheaper than mom and pop
store prices?

I was 6" short on 12 ga wire a few months ago. I went down to the local
hardware store (I think I drove there but most the time I ride my bike
the 8 blocks.) and picked up the wire I needed. $.12 a foot.

The BORG is 14 miles away, and probably doesn't sell wire by the foot
just in expensive spools. Cost of gas: ~$2.50. Who knows about the
wire?

Puckdropper

Home Depot, depending on the wire, sells wire by the foot.
the main Reason I shop at borgs as much as I do id I get gift cards
and there NOT always cheaper there are somethings you just don't by at
the borg like hardwood (or anything other then denominational lumber, or
plywood) there nice an s4s but they want so much more for it that it's
not worth it I have a building supply chain here called Franklin that's
nice, there hours suck 9-5 M-F 10-3 Saturday, no charge to special
order, you do have to buy the whole board and it's random width, random
length, but there prices are competitive and you can pick out what you
want.