Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Another question about glass dresser top

Harlan Messinger wrote:
I wrote yesterday about getting colored glass inserts cut for a dresser
top. It was pointed out to me that custom colored glass is expensive.
Next question: can one effectively give quarter-inch sheets of clear
glass a tinted appearance by coating the underside with latex paint?
Flat, glossy?

I have never heard of intentionally painting glass but it happens by
accident all the time. You might have better luck if you scratch up
the glass with some steel wool. I think a glossy paint would be ok for
such a project. Q: Why not just use a piece of plywood instead??