Posted to alt.home.repair
patrick patrick is offline

Default Insulating floor joists?

How does foam board attach? I assume that is the blue colored board?
I would think the foam might be the most effective, but I can't install
it myself.

Which is then more effective--the foam board or fiberglass?

I don't understand the comment about making the basement colder, this
is above a closed off crawl space.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"patrick" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a room that is over a crawl space. The room has hardwoord
floors.
Last year I had the permiter of the crawl, and the block walls stripped
of the old
wet pink insulation, and sprayed with the yellow foam. This definately
helped with the temperature of the room, and the coldness of the floor.
Would it be beneficial to also insulate (maybe with the pink stuff)
the floor joists under the floor? I live in the midwest--10 to 30
degrees most of the winter.

Absolutely it would. You can use foam board, you can spray, you can use
fiberglass.