Posted to rec.woodworking
Jesse R Strawbridge Jesse R Strawbridge is offline

Default Possible Stupid Question

Leon wrote:
"Jesse R Strawbridge" wrote in message
. ..

Is BORG an actual store or just a generic reference to the Big Box Home
Centers?

Jess.S

The term is even in the dictionary,

Borg
A type of cyborg in Star Trek that devours everything in its path. Companies
that dominate their field are called Borgs, and Borging is the verb. See
cyborg.

I googled it before I asked and didn't find a definition, except in
reference to Microsoft. Of course, I could have missed it in the 20+
pages of matches. To add to the confusion there is a company named
"Borg" hyphen something which is the parent company one or more lumber
yard chains.

As a fan of ST:TNG, I knew what Borg was in that reference. Not the
first time fictional terms (esp. science fiction) have entered common
usage. SWMBO comes to mind.

Jess.S