Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Off Topic- computer access

"Puckdropper" wrote in message

Our Satellite system has to "download program guide" updates twice a
week, but it does more than that. They added the TV Guide logo some time
ago to their channel guide, and guess when that happpened... Haven't
lost reciever functionality yet, but that's because it's just the minimum
needed to work easily.

Just got my parents up on satellite "broadband" last week (Huhgesnet) and
was real disappointed in the speed, not much better than dialup. We put a
LinkSys broadband wireless router in the system and I think the installation
guy may have configured it wrong (he didn't use the LinkSys software and has
the connection bridged), but I didn't have time to troubleshoot it before I
had to leave, except to note how slow it seemed.

I was sure expecting better performance for the price, but the folks seem
fine with it so far.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06