Posted to uk.d-i-y
TonyK TonyK is offline

Default Recommendations for new electric drill please

"Piers James" wrote in message
mid-range still doesn't really help, since people's opinions on mid-range
differ!! Anyway I have the Bosch GSB20-2RE

(http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat...GSB20-2RE&ID=8
0)
- comes with a 3 year warranty and is the quality you would expect from

the
Bosch Professional range. I would say this meets your requirements.

"Rocky" wrote in message

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
Rocky wrote:
My trusty 25yo B&D 2 speed hammer drill is on its last legs (
I've not kept up with technology in this dept. and would appreciate
recommendations for a replacement.
Would prefer mains voltage as opposed to cordless.
Used for general drilling, wood, metal, brick, block etc. Also
occasionally used with holes saws, flap wheels etc. Chuck must be min
1/2" (13mm) Looking for quality & reliability.
Thanks

Nick.

You missed the importent question...how much you willing to shell out?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

That I don't know. I imagine 'mid-range', whatever that might be.

Nick.

Got the same one and the equivalent in SDS. Paired together they have
fittted more kitchens and bathrooms and renovated more houses than I care to
remember. Not bad for a few hundred quid and certainly good enought for
domestic and light pro use.