Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Recommendations for new electric drill please

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:45:25 +0100, Rocky wrote:

Used for general drilling, wood, metal, brick, block etc. Also
occasionally used with holes saws, flap wheels etc.

Some form of SDS, makes drilling in things that would laugh at a hammer
drill a breeze and softer materials a POP. If you do get and SDS make
sure it has both hammer and rotation stop, you then have a little kango
for breaking or chiseling, lot less effort than a lump hammer and cold
chisel.

Looking for quality & reliability.

I've got Bosch PBH 2200 RE, detiled a kitchen, chased grooves for cables,
drill holes in stone up to 20mm dia and 18" deep (with the rotation the
wrong way, I wondered why it was taking longer than normal and the amount
of dust emerging wasn't as much as I expected, thought the dust was going
down the pilot hole...)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7105159.htm

Don't think I paid quite that much but it was a year or three back.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail