Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default wire twist pliers

On 16 Sep 2006 21:29:31 -0700, "Eric in North TX"
wrote:

Where I've seen them used was aviation mechanical work, where a lot of
fasteners are safety wired. They can't take a chance on a bolt backing
out or a nut falling off. I've see the used to a lesser degree on
automotive, my wife's Jag has safety wires on the bolts that secure the
rear calipers as they are in a really bad place to work and inspect
(inboard disc brakes).

Thanks guys.

Cool. I'll try to pay more attention to safety, and do some wire
twisting myself.

(I didn't know that aviation fasteners were safety wired. Makes
sense.)