Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera Delco AM/FM/Cassette

"Farmer Bill" wrote in message

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try, assuming I can access the pinch
rollers and capstans. Somewhere else I remember reading a comment by
someone who said they had "roughed up" the pinch rollers. Is it
possible the rollers in my deck have hardened with age, and are
slipping on the capstans? Do the capstans drive the pinch rollers, or
vice versa?!

The pinch roller pinches the tape against the capstan. If the rubber is
hard, some electronics jobbers have a solution to re-soften them.