Posted to alt.home.repair
chuckster chuckster is offline

Default Any concrete experts?

ARDEX - google this for a dealer in your area. This stuff is the cats
ass for leveling and patching concrete.

wrote:
Richard J Kinch wrote:
If I smooth that bump, will the concrete "stick" to the driveway, or
will I just be creating a sort of angled piece of concrete that will
slide off the existing surface?

The latter.

Polymer-modified stuff will stick better but still unlikely to hold up.

You might consider the bagged asphalt patch material, if you're trying to
transition a 1.5 inch high step with a wedge of material.

ask at your building center. There is a patching concrete or an
additive that will work fine.

If you take a masonary bit and drill a few holes to help it key
together. 1.5 inches is fine for a topping layer. The problem will
occur at the thin edge .