Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Epoxy for filling holes?

You must have gotten a bad batch, though I never seen that happen. Try again
with a different batch. BTW, people here have told you that, to get high
quality epoxy, you have to buy large quantities of industrial stuff. Not
true. Go to a good hobby shop. There is a brand of epoxy called Hobypoxy.
Very good and in reasonable quantities. The type you got should have worked
fine though. Must have been something wrong with it. Make sure you mix the
epoxy first then add the sawdust.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have tried what I described above (on a scrap piece) and completely
failed. Perhaps I tried the wrong type of epoxy. Epoxy is a glue,
right? I used the type that comes in a double tube with a double
"pistion". Bascially, when mixed with poplar sawdust, it never
solidified. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude