Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Router Fence

tom wrote:

Jointech has such a design. Tom

The JoinTech Cabinet Maker Fence System for a router table fence
is to a shop made pivoting fence with a long screw thread to move it
as a little red wagon is to a red Ferrrari Testarossa.

http://www.jointech.com/

Invented by a Lockheed engineer, in Silly Cone Valley, who escaped
San Antonio and kept refining his idea - AND adding new abilities,
the
JoinTech Cabinet Maker Fence system takes what you can do on a
router table, the ease of use, precision of fence positioning, split
fence
with easily repacable zero clearance inserts, dust collection
through
the fence, . . . .

Bought one, and their table top, mounting plate and rings for around
the bit all at one time - I make one major purchase at each
woodworking
show. Keep finding new uses for it. Now the General International
75-075M - the mortising machine with the XY table, tilting head and
fence that can be swung up to 30 degrees - well it did get used when
I made my work bench - but it's gathered a lot of dust since them.
The JoinTech stays relatively dust free because it gets brushed off
and used quite often.

Buy one, cry once.

charlie b