Harold & Susan Vordos

Default What is the proper tool/method

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I agree with Harold in all respects save one. If you have a badly worn
bench grinder wheel and you want to get it flat again, a star dresser will
do the job much faster than anything else. That's why I keep one in my

shop.

Grant

I agree that the star dresser could be faster under that circumstance. I'm
not convinced it would beat a diamond, though. Another very good use for
the star type dresser is on larger wheels used in welding shops. Star
dressers, just like diamonds or dressing sticks, have a place. It's a wise
person that knows when to use the right one.

Harold