Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Off Topic- computer access

"marc rosen" wrote in message
Hey All,

off until i turn it back on. So now I can view the Rec without getting
an error message.

On that same note, these damn "protections", and automatic updates that
change things, are getting increasingly aggravating.

Who'd a thunk the good old days of windows computerdom, when you only had to
reboot twenty times a day, would now seem so long ago, and be looked upon so
fondly?

So much for the "P" in PC ... your computer now belongs to the software and
OS purveyors and they just let you use it when they're not busy doing
something in their own interests with it.

Every damn piece of software, from the browser to the OS, now has its own,
built-in "update" which merrily updates while basically telling you to go to
hell. Microsoft Update alone did the six servers here TWICE this week!
You're damned if you don't turn on automatic updates, and damned if you do.

Bad enough if you're connected all the time ... I can only imagine the race
to update first if you only log on occasionally.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06