Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] robert@invalid.invalid is offline

Default Radiator output

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:03:00 +0100, F wrote:

On 16/09/2006 09:32 Andy Hall wrote:

Radiator manufacturer web sdites.

Find something close to what you have. Scale it's output in terms of
area.

Thanks. I've done that but I can't find any listings which include
radiators without fins.

Looking at figures for double panel with single fins and a single
panel no fins; a figure of 2200 watts would seem a reasonable guess
for a 600mm x 2000mm double panel rad.

If replacing one rad , there is no need for an accurate calculation.
Consider whether the present one gives enough heat out on the coldest
days and whether it heats the room up quickly enough and adjust
accordingly.

Also what space do you have available, do you want a physically
smaller rad ....

If in doubt go for a higher output, the extra cost is negligeable.

Robert