Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bad volume pot on old stereo - Replacement?

In article .com,
Echinos wrote:
I haven't cleaned it yet. I mentioned that I may try to get some
tomorrow. But, tuner cleaner was one of the things I have seen in other
posts on the topic that people have used, so I am considering using it.

Trouble with just cleaning it is the track will have a conductive grease.
So after cleaning this needs replacing. But unless it's an odd design it
shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement two gang pot with switch.

--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.