Posted to alt.home.repair
xanuda xanuda is offline

Default Looking for advice on a new furnace

Hi all. We live in IL and looking to replace our old furnace. We
have had a
few
estimates and now we are trying to decide between an 80% and 90%
efficient heaters and 1 stage / 2 stage / variable models. The price
difference between 80% and 90% seems to be about 600-800 for Trane.
The price difference between different stages is also several hundred
$$$. How do we make a decision whether it is worth money to go with a
more expansive model. I'm looking for a dummy-oriented advice as my
knowledge here is pretty mich zero

Thank you

Gene