Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Maloney Patrick Maloney is offline

Default Best way to get cologne smell off of painted shelf?

malam wrote in :

Use the vinegar full strength. When it dries the odour will go with
it. I spilled gasoline on the interior of my car seat last summer
when I was transporting a snow blower. The seat and floor carpet was
soaked with gasoline and nothing I tried could remove the odour -
until vinegar. I soaked the seat and floor carpet in it and left the
doors open to get the seat dry. The odour was gone too.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 03:05:10 GMT, Patrick Maloney
wrote:

malam wrote in :

Clean with Vinegar or if possible wet area with vinegar.

Diluted, I presume? What about the doors?

Thanks for responding. We're talking white vinegar, right? Every place I
read says White = cleaning, apple cider = cooking...

--
Remove both XX's from e-mail to reply.