Posted to alt.home.repair
Rueben Konic Rueben Konic is offline

Default Ball park cost for breaker box replacement

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
Well I never said anything about penny pinching, I am fully prepared to
pay 2500 bucks for the work, and I was going to get (that is I haven't
actually bought) a Cutler-Hammer box based on the positive reviews it got
from a couple of my friends.

I meant, in your original post, you stated you wanted to supply material.
If you're telling electricians this, you come off as a penny pincher. You
don't have to say "I'm a penny pincher". I fully understand you may want to
use certain brands, you should state that, without mentioning you want to
supply them.

I do see what you mean about guarenteeing someone else's equipment, but
they have to buy the box anyway so I might as well get one that I prefer
as opposed to them bringing an el-cheapo model. Can I ask them/request
them to use a particular model or quality?

Contractors love to be asked questions. If they don't agree with you, they
will let it be known, and why. Most every contractor with an ounce of
dignity, wants to use quality materials on R&R work.